Royals Press Release
Royals ratings up 43 percent; biggest increase in baseball at the break
Royals TV ratings up 43 percent
Increase is biggest in baseball at the break
Ratings for Royals telecasts on FOX Sports Kansas City are up 43 percent this season, the largest increase in MLB at the All-Star break. Data is courtesy of Nielsen Media Research.
Royals games on FOX Sports Kansas City are averaging a 5.8 household rating in the Kansas City DMA through July 14.
"There is a heightened level of excitement around and interest in Royals baseball, and that shows in the increased viewership," said FOX Sports Kansas City General Manager and Senior Vice President Jack Donovan.
Facts and figures (data courtesy of Nielsen; through July 14):
- Ratings are up 43 percent compared to the same number of games last season. They're on track to beat last year's 3.8 season average, the highest ever for Royals cable telecasts.
- The Royals on FOX Sports Kansas City rank seventh in MLB local market TV ratings at the break after finishing the 2012 season 15th.
- Kansas City (13.9) was the third highest-rated metered market for Tuesday's All-Star Game on FOX.
- FOX Sports Kansas City is the highest-rated cable network in prime time in Kansas City since April 1, topping closest competitor USA by 52 percent and ESPN by 166 percent.
- FOX Sports Kansas City was the No. 1 rated channel in prime time in June on 11 of the 16 nights on which the Royals played, often beating the NBA and NHL Finals.